City of Kenosha Menu

The Kenosha Water Utility offers a location where City of Kenosha Residents are able to bring household hazardous waste to dispose of safely.  This program is paid for by city residents, which is why all businesses or anyone living outside of the City of Kenosha will be turned away.  Please come prepared with your driver’s license that lists your current city residence, or a current water utility bill with a photo I.D.

We will do our best to help you dispose of any unwanted hazardous waste – EXCEPT antifreeze and engine oils.  There are other locations in the city that are able to take antifreeze and engine oils.


Never dispose of Household Hazardous Waste or medications down the drain, on the ground, into storm sewers or in garbage cans. This can harm others, our wildlife and pollute our source of drinking water, Lake Michigan! City of Kenosha Residents may utilize the HHW Disposal; all Kenosha County Residents may use the Medication Drop Boxes.


Kenosha Water Utility
4401 Green Bay Rd
Kenosha, WI  53144

For any questions, please contact the Kenosha Water Utility Customer Service Counter at (262) 653-4300 Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm

Collection Dates

March, April & December – First Saturday of each month (except Holidays)

May through November – First and Third Saturday of each month (except Holidays)

No collections in January or February

Collection Time

8:00 AM – 11:00 AM


The Kenosha Water Utility is unable to dispose of medications, sharps, antifreeze and engine oil.  Please follow these links to find a convenient location.