City of Kenosha Menu

When is the Fraud Unit in?

They are in their office Monday - Friday from 7:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Please call for an appointment. 605-5235 or 605-5254

When is Alternate Street Parking?

Alternate Parking is from Dec. 1, through March 31 of the following year. On odd calendar days between the hours 1:00 A.M. and 6:00 A.M. park on the odd side of the street (east & south side). On even calendar days between the hours 1:00 A.M. and 6:00 A.M. park on the even side of the street (west & north side)

Who can I talk to about a Parking ticket?

If you wish to contest the Parking Ticket call (877)-501-9924 during normal business hours within 10 days of the citation date.

If you have questions regarding this citation, please call (877)-501-9924. When you call you will be asked for an Agency Code. The Agency Code for Kenosha is 4212.

How do I pay a Parking Ticket?

There are 3 ways to pay your parking ticket.

  • BY MAIL: Make Your Check or Money Order payable to the City of Kenosha and write the Ticket Number and your Vehicle License Number on your Check or Money Order. Include your name and address on the envelope. DO NOT MAIL CASH
  • Mail to:
    City of Kenosha Police Dept.
    Citation Processing Center
    PO Box 500
    Horseheads, NY 14845-0500
  • DROP BOX: You may pay at the Kenosha Police Department, 1000 55th St., by utilizing the drop boxes located on 10th Avenue or inside the Safety Building at the Police Department Counter.
  • Payments: may be made via the internet using your Visa or Master Card credit card: Online Payments

When and where can I file a complaint?

Reports can not be taken over the telephone. They may be done in person at the Kenosha Public Safety Building, 1000-55th Street. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

How can I get a restraining order?

Restraining orders are obtained at the Kenosha County Court House, Family Court, Room 107, during regular business hours.

When and where is my court appearance and how can I change it?

Determine the court at which you are to appear on the copy of your citation and contact them;
Municipal Court (262) 653-4220
Circuit Court (262) 653-2662.

Is there a warrant out for "John Doe"?

That information is not given over the telephone. You must come down to the Public Safety Building with all the necessary information, i.e., date of birth, middle initial, etc. You must also show personal identification.

Is there a curfew for juveniles?

Yes. City Ordinance 11.05 states: "No minor person under eighteen (18) years of age shall be in any public place between the hours of 10:30 P.M. and 6:00 A.M., Sunday through Thursday, and 12:00 Midnight to 6:00 A.M., Friday and Saturday, unless such minor is accompanied by an adult person having legal custody of such minor, or unless such minor is in the performance of an errand or a duty directed by the adult having legal custody of such minor, or whose employment makes it necessary for such minor to be in such public place. Unless there exists a reasonable necessity therefor, no person having legal custody of such minor shall permit said minor in any public place during the hours specified in the above paragraph."


Will there be more questions on this page?

Yes, all in good time...