The City of Kenosha Fire Department is here. To fill out an application, click here. Please note that the City of Kenosha does not accept paper applications.online applications through July 11, 2020, to establish an eligibility list of qualified applicants for Firefighter/EMT vacancies that occur in 2020 through early 2021. The complete job posting can be read
The requirements for the 2020 recruitment for Firefighter/EMT are as noted below:
- Be a minimum age of eighteen (18).
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Have, or have ability to obtain a valid driver's license with a good driving record that meets City of Kenosha standards.
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Have no criminal convictions substantially related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Be able to perform the essential duties of Firefighter/EMT.
The 2020 recruitment process will award additional point to candidates that are successful in getting through the Written Examinations, Oral Examinations, and Physical Abilities assessment (CPAT). Points for the following certifications and education are as noted below:
- 4 Percentage points for a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college
- 4 Percentage points for an Associate's Degree in Fire Science, Fire Protection or a related field
- 3 Percentage points for an active State of Wisconsin or Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician certification
- 2 Percentage points for State of Wisconsin Firefighter I certification or equivalent
- 2 Percentage points for State of Wisconsin Firefighter II certification or equivalent